IB MYP Design Teacher
Østerbro International School is looking to employ a positive, energetic creative, and well-organized teacher to join our school’s Design team.
Østerbro International School was founded in 2009 by the Initiative Group to meet the needs of the International English-speaking community in Copenhagen. Østerbro International School is an IB PYP, MYP and DP accredited school.
The role of the Design teacher would be to implement the programme, develop curriculum, and teach to the objectives of the subject. We require that the candidate has qualifications to teach MYP Design. The position will require the candidate to have or be:
- Near-native English speaking and writing ability.
- Current teaching qualifications and proven teaching experience.
- Experience in planning hands-on learning experiences for students.
- Knowledge of, and a commitment to, the educational philosophies of the International Baccalaureate, specifically the Middle Years Programmes.
- Ability to plan, deliver and reflect on lessons which stimulate and motivate student learning
- Work and plan in collaboration within curricular teams
- Be a caring, compassionate, organized teacher
- Participate in yearly class trips.
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Enjoy teaching and working in a multi-cultural environment.
The position commences August 2017 and applications are welcome forthwith.
To apply: please email your C.V and a letter of application to the Secondary School Principal, Monika Pedersen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteering at ØIS
ØIS welcomes teachers and aspiring teachers to volunteer at the school. This is a great way to contribute to the students’ education, create connections with the school, and acquire teaching experience.
If interested, please contact the relevant Principal (PYP, MYP, DP). Just before each term (August/September and December) are particularly good times to contact the school.
Østerbro International School is currently looking for qualified substitute teachers who have experience of working in International Schools. Substitute teachers should have flexible hours and be able to teach a variety of subjects and age levels.
Experience with the IB curriculum is an advantage.
Please send your cover letter, CV and the days and hours you are available to Chiara Giani email@example.com