Kindergarten Teacher (maternity cover from August to March)
Østerbro International School is looking to employ a positive, energetic and well-organized Kindergarten teacher to join our school in the PYP (Pre-K -5th grade).
The role of the PYP classroom teacher will be to implement the programme, develop curriculum and teach the objectives of the subject. The successful candidate will:
- Have a high fluency in written and spoken English
- have relevant teaching qualifications and proven teaching experience, preferably in an IB school
- have prior Kindergarten experience (ages 5-6), including teaching Literacy
- have strong classroom Management skills
- model an inquiry approach to teaching and Learning
- have knowledge of, and a commitment to, the educational philosophies of the International Baccalaureate, specifically the Primary Years Programme
- teach the equivalent of 25, 40 minute lessons per week
- design, deliver and evaluate lessons which stimulate and motivate student learning
- work and plan in collaboration within curricular teams
- be caring and compassionate
- have strong interpersonal skills
- enjoy teaching and working in a multi-cultural environment
To apply, please email your C.V. and a letter of application to the PYP Principal Stef Fleet email@example.com .
IB Physical Health Education Teacher
We are looking for an energetic, motivating and experienced Physical Health Education Teacher to join our school.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a native or near-native English speaker
- Have relevant qualifications and experience of teaching PHE
- Have knowledge of, and a commitment to, the educational philosophies of the International Baccalaureate, specifically the Middle Years and Diploma Programs
- Have the ability to motivate students and plan hands-on learning experiences for students
- Have the ability to work and plan in collaboration with curricular teams
- Be a caring, compassionate and organized PHE teacher
- Be willing to participate in annual class trips.
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Enjoy teaching and working in a multi-cultural environment
The position will commence in August 2017.
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV to the Head of School, Nedzat Asanovski firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31st , 2017.
Volunteering at ØIS
ØIS welcomes teachers and aspiring teachers to volunteer at the school. This is a great way to contribute to the students’ education, create connections with the school, and acquire teaching experience.
If interested, please contact the relevant Principal (PYP, MYP, DP). Just before each term (August/September and December) are particularly good times to contact the school.
Østerbro International School is currently looking for qualified substitute teachers who have experience of working in International Schools. Substitute teachers should have flexible hours and be able to teach a variety of subjects and age levels.
Experience with the IB curriculum is an advantage.
Please send your cover letter, CV and the days and hours you are available to Chiara Giani email@example.com